Tuesday 22 April 2014

                                                                 Slam Poetry


What I thought about Zack's performance was very good, I felt he connected with the audience very well, especially with our age group. Usually at these presentations we would tend to zone out or lose interest but because he was so loud and exited and connected with us well I felt like he did a excellent job with his performance.

I felt the Genre and movement was very vibrant and well fitted to everyone. Zack opened a lot of creative windows for the slam poetry. I found he made it really clear that we could write about what ever we felt and express it in a way that characterized us, for example I found Zack made his poems somewhat into a rap feel.

Poetry can be in many forms for example songs, books, quotes, but I find it mostly as an art form, a form of self expression. The great poets of the times made poetry a pure skill.

Me personally I was not that much inspired to do my own writing, but Zack's visit overall was a great experience to see and I hope he did inspire some other people in the audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment